Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's Here!

Today I received the Samsung Galaxy Camera thanks to Jon Rajewski! Needless to say, I am so excited to play with this product all weekend and come up with a fake profile to do some testing with. After talking to my roommates about my project, we've come up with the name Sammy Sung. I think it's pretty original and it definitely fits this project.



For the past half hour I've been taking pictures, editing them with the awesome built in features, and in a few minutes I'll set up Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email accounts for the user "Sammy Sung". To generate as much data as possible, I'm going to ask all of my friends to add these accounts and interact with them. We'll share photos, talk in chats, write on each other's walls, send emails, and much more. I do not have a SIM card for this camera, so I don't have 3G/4G access. I do have WiFi up and running, so this will work just as well. 

Below are the applications that came with the camera:











There is also a feature called Kies via WiFi. I had never heard of this before, but from researching the topic it seems like a typical backup option. You can backup the data from the camera to your PC via WiFi. This is definitely a feature I'll be looking more into once analysis begins.

As soon as I create the profiles for Sammy Sung, I will post the account information so anyone can interact with the accounts if they would like.



No comments:

Post a Comment